For Immediate Release
Micro J Announces December Release of Version 7 of PcHunter and Tempus Fugit Staffing and Recruitment Software. 7th Generation of top-selling staff & recruit systems feature Open Database Access (ODBC), Crystal Reports integration, and a host of other new features.
Santa Monica, California (November 29, 2001), Micro J Systems, Inc. (MJS), officially announced the new features, which will be included in the December release of PcHunter and Tempus Fugit (TF) version 7, via an electronic newsletter to customers today. The major release delivers several core enhancements including Open Database Access (ODBC). "Version 7 is all about extending the power of our practice management systems through Open Access for our users via the Internet, through reporting and analytical tools and also opens future possibilities for portable handheld devices" said Mimi Slater, Micro J's CEO.
"These new generation products enable our users open database access via web-based forms, connectivity through Windows-based Terminal Server sessions, and the capacity to utilize future conduits. Version 7 also enables data access via its new reporting module and ships with an integrated run-time version of industry leading Crystal Reports®" said Micro J Product Manager, Bret Kinkele. For full details on the new features, go to http://www.microj.com/v7/index.html.
Users will notice dramatic change immediately upon opening Version 7 as the familiar Desk, from which users navigate to every part of the system, has been replaced with an updated graphical representation of a recruiter's desk and office. This rich and inviting user-interface is only the beginning of Version 7's new features and functionality which includes:
- Open Database Access (via ODBC)enables users access to portions of their database for integration with other applications and the World Wide Web. For example users can now publish job openings to their website, or a job board. Candidate profiles or resumes might be displayed to employers through a secure extranet website. This same functionality will enable read-only access to certain windows in the application for recruiters at home or in the field via a web browser.
- MJ-Reports™, powered by industry leading Crystal Reports® is a fully integrated reporting module. Version 7 will include several robust pre-formatted reports such as, Daily Planner Worksheet, Recruiter's Day View and Owner/Manager View. In the future, users will be able to download additional report modules such as, Business Analysis and Sales Metrics through MicroJ's MPPOnline™ technical support section of its website.
- DocSearch™ has been completely revamped in Version 7. This next generation high-speed resume search engine sports a new interface, which simplifies key-word searches and document management. The new Index Manager centralizes and makes all indexing automatic and server-based.
- The Interactive List Manager gives users total control of over time allocation and task management in areas like sales, business development, research, recruiting, and relationship management and customer care.
- Version 7's navigation is improved, accessing data is as easy as opening a drawer.
The feature set announcement for Version 7 illustrates Micro J's commitment to the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, and its leadership in innovation and technical excellence.
About Micro J Systems Inc.
Micro J Systems is the recognized leader in providing application software and information systems to the domestic and international staffing industry. Micro J was founded in 1983 as an executive search firm. The Information Systems division was created in 1986 to develop and market software specifically designed to automate the practices of staffing (Tempus Fugit) and recruiting (PcHunter) professionals. Micro J is a privately held company.
For More Information
Contact Michelle Bier
Micro J Systems, Inc., PcHunter and Tempus Fugit are all trademarks of Micro J Systems, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.